Advanced Career Training Programs (Formerly Knonw as CTP's) Process for Bundled Courses
In July 2016, ed2go made a change to the internal administration of our Advanced Career Training Programs (formerly known as CTP's) which include more than one course. These Advanced Career Training Programs are also known as "course or program bundles". (Examples of an Advanced Career Training Program bundle include CBCS Certified Medical Administrative Assistant with Medical Billing and Coding, and CompTIA™ Certification Training: A+, Network+, Security+.)
In the past, ed2go would release all courses associated with the Program bundle at once, each with the same access dates. In addition, all materials were shipped at the time of registration.
To simplify the student’s level of responsibility, better communicate the expectations of the student, and increase student completion, Advanced Career Training Program bundles now work in the following manner:
- Students receive materials for one course at a time, beginning with the introductory course, as applicable. This allows students to have the resources they need, when they need them, at hand, eliminating the confusion of having access to materials which may be above a student's current level of ability.
- In addition to the Program bundle access term (start and end dates), the individual courses within the bundle will also have their own access terms. Students should complete each course in a time frame which considers the overall access term of their Program bundle. The scheduling required to complete the full bundle is built in to the student’s access period, creating clear deadlines and allowing students to better understand how far they need to progress to complete the full bundle in the allotted time.
- Partners will receive a Program enrollment confirmation upon enrollment, and an additional individual course enrollment confirmation when each component course is released to the student. This provides you, the partner, another way to track a student’s progression throughout the program. You will be sent notifications as the student is granted access to each level of training.
- Student-initiated extensions will be considered on a case-by-case basis, for which access terms and costs may vary (due to availability). Extensions can be processed for the individual course that the student is in without effecting the bundle access dates in some cases. This allows students the time they need to complete the course while still retaining the level of urgency that keeps students working on their courses.
- Students will be reached out to regularly by their Student Advisors with timelines and other forms of encouragement to facilitate timely completion.
Did you find this article helpful?